Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My Goover Valentines

A few weeks ago The Goovers came over and spent a Saturday night.  It was really too cold to do much outside, and the snow had gone away on the sliding hill, but we still managed to work out a new sliding spot, and have some fun walking on the frozen creek.

Goovers on Miller Creek
We also had a few concerts,  because Hannah has learned how to play the recorder!  There's Caitlin, helping me to whip up a batch of sugar cookies.  She is definitely my kitchen helper!  I also introduced the Goovers to Trivial Pursuit.  Hannah and I had a good time challenging each other.  She could have been my partner the second round after dinner, but decided to go against me and team up with her Uncle Brown Eyes, who promptly ditched her by falling asleep on the couch.  Then I played for both teams, but Caitibug and I still won!

Can't wait til she knows more than three tunes!

Poor Tater, she really loves to be outside at our place, but the weather just didn't cooperate with her. True to form, she made the most of it, and in the middle of a snow squall, with temps around zero Sunday morning, she ran out there with Jake to chase away the Squirrel Dumplin' Gang, and retrieve the suet they had gotten out of the feeder........again.

Smile!
The girls helped me make my Mom's frosting, and then sat down and decorated cookies for our dessert, and to take home.  We used the same rolling pin, cookie cutters, and recipe that my Mom used when I was a little girl.  Earlier in the afternoon while at the store the Goovers each got to pick out a cookie cutter to add to the collection too.

Cookies!
After dinner we each had our own large heart cookie.  Two guesses who got the one with the word LOVE on it.  (How does he rate anyway?)  Later in the evening we shared a classic Disney favorite from our childhood with them, The Rescuers!  I wasn't sure if it would translate to this generation, but it did.  They loved it, and we loved seeing it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment