Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, April 16, 2022

Bunnies and Babies

Happy Easter everyone! 

I have a done a few blog posts about our family Easter traditions over the years, and my plan this year was to continue on with that theme, but instead, I'm going to tell a different story! 

Once upon a time (twenty five years ago) I became an Aunt. It has been the most wonderful thing! Over the years four more Nibblings were added, and then oldest married, giving me one more. These six humans are everything to me!

Time marched on, as time does, and many Easter dinners have been shared,  eggs colored,  kites flown, and now the "babies" are 16. How on earth did we get here?? Luckily for me, they still aren't too old for eggs and kites! It's going to be 34 degrees tomorrow and the oldest still insist they are going out to try their luck with a kite! "It's tradition!"

Two months ago we celebrated my sister Kate's 50th birthday. While opening gifts she read her card from our niece Ashlyn, and her husband, Anthony aloud.  It said, "Your real gift isn't here yet, but we'll bring it over when it arrives." The bag it came from contained one lemon. 

Kate held the lemon in her hand, confused.  I looked at the lemon, confused. What was the joke? I'm usually in on the jokes, or I pick up on them quick, but I could not fathom what was going on. Then Ashlyn said, "That's the size our baby is right now!"

Wait.... WHAT?! To say there were tears is an understatement. 

I'M GOING TO BE A GREAT AUNTIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashlyn and Anthony made it Facebook official tonight, so I can finally talk about it!PJ (my nick name for the lil nugget) is a purple egg, because Mom and Dad are waiting to find out if they are a boy or a girl. My original, immediate feeling was boy, now I feel like it's a girl. We'll find out by summers end. No matter, PJ is already adored! My crochet hook is going to be busy.

Congratulations Ashlyn and Anthony, we love you so much, and can not wait to meet Baby P!! ❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment