Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, August 26, 2022

That time when I crawled on the floor at Aldi

I was just going to do a Facebook post, but this one deserves a longer space. 

Many of you know that my sister Kate has had several brain aneurysms operated on over the years. She had one repaired a little over a week ago down in Minneapolis at Abbott Northwestern. It's amazing what they can do these days, and she was only in the hospital over night. She's also well on the road to recovery!

I work as a PCA (personal care assistant) for my sister's 17 year old daughter Cece. So when things pop up, Auntie Jojo comes to stay. (That's always the way it has been, well before actually getting paid for part of it. ) I slept over on Wednesday and Thursday night last week, and then stayed until Kate, and her husband Tom were settled in on Friday.

 I guess the universe thought there wasn't enough going on, so their older dog had a cancerous tumor open up (all over the house) while Cece and I were out in the country at my house. Thankfully Kate and Tom were only an hour from home when it happened, so they were able to say good bye. That one is going to stay with me for awhile. 

Tom went back to work (railroad engineer,  so away from home) Sunday night, and again Auntie Jojo's bags appeared at Cece's house. We spent the week hanging out, taking care of Mama, and running out to the country to let Jake and Loki out each day. My fabulous niece Tater, whom Cece adores, came along to help. Handling the dogs and Cece trying to get in and out of the house is not a one woman job! 
Cece was good for the most part, but for whatever reason on Tuesday she had enough of the world and was crabby all day. Yelling, not listening, refusing to leave my house when it was time to go. Demanding radio changes all the way home at the top of her lungs. When we finally got settled back at her house she started the same with the TV and I put my foot down. She had her iPad, so she could do what she wanted, I was watching what I wanted. I told her to put her attitude in her back pocket and sit on it. She screamed at me one last time and threw herself on the loveseat, where she slept like this for an hour! She woke up in a much better mood! (Teenagers......)
So today I had some time to myself, and of course, I had errands. I bought some goodies at Aldi, and as I strolled up to the checkout it went like this:

Oh look! There's a 12 pack of Summer Shandy way back in on the bottom of that display! (I'm not a beer drinker, but I like this one. ) I haven't had any this summer! I'm going to have to get on my hands and knees to reach that box, but I'm going to do it! So I did it. Got down in my hands and knees and crawled in and got it out! 

The lady in front of me said "Oh gosh, I would never be able to get up again!" I just beamed at her with my prize and popped back up and put it in my cart. 

"Aren't you Katy's sister?" 

"Yep" is what I said out loud.  "This is what they've driven me to. " is what I thought.  I laughed all the way home. 

So yeah.....Kate? Jen says "Hi!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment