Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, August 23, 2013

Ice Cream (The rest of the story)

I haven't been the best at blog writing this summer, but as I've said before, I would rather live life than blog about it.  I just need to set aside some time for writing, or get me something more mobile to write with.  Back in June or July I wrote this blog about the new ice cream truck in our area.  You can find them on facebook under King of Creams! 

 http://www.queenie930.blogspot.com/2013/06/ice-cream.html

All summer long I have waited to re-connect with the ice cream truck, but my timing was off, and the one time I was home I didn't have any cash.  Can you imagine paying for a cone with a debit card?  Do they even take them??  The weather (up until now) hasn't been overly warm either, so ice cream really hasn't been on my brain, although I love to hear the truck go by.  It brings back so many good childhood memories.

As I have mentioned before, I don't like the heat.  This summer has been full of gorgeous 70 degree days, up until these last few.  This week we have had a couple of "wringers".  The temps are in the 90's with 60 plus percent humidity.  Blah.  I hate fans, and I don't have an air conditioner, so the nights are long and I am not exactly pleasant........

Tuesday I just woke up crabby, and it continued from there.  I ended up working late, and then had to slug around in the soup to do errands.  By the time I got home I was ready to deck someone, anyone!  I got out of the car, and I heard it!  "ICE CREAM!" (Do you have cash?) "Yes!  I do!  I do! (have you forgotten that you are lactose intollerous?) (sp wrong on purpose, it's what the goovers call it) "SHUT THE HELL UP, I'M HAVING SOME ICE CREAM!"

So I purchased a chocolate chip cookie dough one scoop, and told the lady how much I appreciated her.  I even found another dollar to stick in the tip jar.  Even though $2.25 for a one scoop is a bit pricey in my opinion. (Although I'm sure with the prices of everything today that's the norm.)  Totally worth it at that particular moment though.  My entire mood shifted as I stood sweating beside my car, shoving the ice cream into my face as fast as I could, while it melted down my hand.  My groceries were wilting in the front seat, but I didn't care.  When I got the scoop down to a manageable size I brought groceries into the house with two one handed trips. 

This blog could have been called "The Day the Ice Cream Lady Saved My Life."  I posted on facebook that night, "Sometimes when you have to work late and do errands in ninety degree heat, the ice cream truck comes along!!!", and included the picture below.  Thank you King of Creams!!  It's so awesome to have an ice cream truck back in the area!  It goes to show how someone just doing their job can absolutely make someone else's day!  

Oh, and on a side note........ the ice cream didn't bother me at all.  :)  It almost makes me want to try milk again.  Almost......
 
Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment