Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, August 30, 2013

Sassy Seventeen

"Hey, I've seen that look on YOUR face before" (said to me)


I want to thank Stacie, of Stacie DeeAnn Photography for letting me use these pictures.  She (as you can see) does beautiful work!  Check her out on facebook.   https://www.facebook.com/StacieDeeAnnPhotography

My Baby Pig Nose is seventeen today.  I'm not dealing with that very well.  Have I ever told you how she got the name Baby Pig Nose?  I wish I had one of her drawings, I'm really surprised that I didn't save one.  Every time Ash would draw "people" when she was a very little girl, they all had a dot for a nose.  Except when she drew me.  I had a pig nose, making me "Auntie Pig Nose", so she became Baby Pig Nose.  It works for all occasions.  Baby Birthday Pig Nose, Baby Halloween...... you get it.  I don't believe anyone (her Father or her Uncle's) told her to draw it that way.  It was random, and it was always only me.  *eye roll*

Very Cool
Senior year is about to start, and while not on the football team this year, it's already beginning in true Ashlyn fashion.

Me: Grandma told me you're on the swim team?

Ash: Yep.

Me: I'm not trying to be smart here....... Can you swim???!!!

Ash: (exasperated teen voice) Auntie, I had lessons.

Me: Uh yeah, when you were little, and I don't ever hear about you going swimming.

Ash: Well, did you ever hear about me playing football?

Me:  Good point.
My favorite

I love the way Ashlyn  challenges herself to come out of her comfort zone and try new things.  Although sports induced asthma is probably going to take her out of the swim lane, at least she is giving it a shot.

Ash absolutely has her heart set on going to the Uof M (Minneapolis).  It's not very far away, so we'll all manage, somehow.

Me: You know, I don't have to miss you if I come too.

Ash: NO.

Me: Yeah, well, don't pay any attention to the shrub that follows you around campus........... 

I had thought about putting pictures into this blog of her as a child, along with the grad pics, but I am just a puddle, so we'll settle for one.  It's her Mother's favorite.

Ashlyn 6mo

Happy Birthday Baby Senior Pig Nose.  (shark bait hoo-ha-ha)  I love you to the moon and back, and around the block.  I hope you understand what a blessing you have been in my life.  Although this growing up business is apparently really hard for me to handle, but you have to know that I am very proud I am of you, and how excited I am to see the places you'll go.  (Even if I have to carry a Kleenex box, and stalk you from the bushes.)  I'm going to try really hard to focus on that, and not the little pig nose that I miss.  I hope this year is the best of your life!

I love you first!   xo  Auntie Pig Nose ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment