Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Name Song

Yesterday I saw an idea on facebook or pinterest where you use number beads to put your phone number on a bracelet, in case your child gets lost.  You know, if your kid doesn't lose the bracelet.......

It reminded me of the song my mother taught the three of us as kids.  In the event we were lost we had only to recite this little ditty to a policeman, and all would be well.  Yes, I said policeman.  It was the seventies.  Anyway, years later my sister and I were discussing how funny it would have been if one of us had walked up to a police officer and started to sing. 

In truth, if the three of us were lost together (or separately) this is what would have happened.  My sister would be bawling, my brother would have clammed up and not said a word, and I would have hummed the first note and sang my heart out. :)  (This is a before David thing, although I'm pretty sure we taught him too.  He would have just hid somewhere.)

If I had the capability to upload a video I would absolutely sing it for you.  It goes like this. (p.s. I don't live there anymore, and that isn't my phone number.)

♫ My name is Joanie Meys, I live in Alloueze.  4218 East 3rd Street, Superior Wisconsin.  My phone number is 398-6832, my Daddy's name is Ed. ♫ 

The one and only time I did get lost it was in the grocery store.  Oddly, my Mother had just explained to me that if I were to get separated from her in a store I should go up to an employee and they would call her over the loud speaker.  I do not remember this incident, but she always claimed that I (at three or so) did it on purpose to hear my name over the speaker.....

I couldn't really say if that was the case, but it sounds about right.   *whistling*

No comments:

Post a Comment