Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Monday, January 27, 2014

The Floor is STILL lava!

Last March I came across a picture on facebook, and it spun this blog.

http://queenie930.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-floor-is-lava.html

Tonight we were watching the show "Community" ( I just don't get that show....) and it brought up the whole lava game again.  On the show they were playing some sort of giant "lava" game with teams.  The Brown Eyed Man and I talked about playing Lava as kids, and I grinned and said, "The floor is lava."

Before the show started I had been about to get up and go to the kitchen for another cheddar wurst. (Don't judge, I work long ass hours and they're easy.  I'm trying so hard to get less processed food into our diet, but this happened on cheddar wurst night.......)  I was distracted and confused by what I was seeing on the television, but my tummy was reminding me it was still dinner time.  My seven year old self now quickly assessed the situation, and I said aloud "Yes, I believe I could make it."

There was a skeptical look from the other side of the couch. (Yes, we eat dinner on the couch. I swear, if we had kids I would eat at the table.  I swear!) "You could make it where?"he asked with a tone in his voice.  My answer?  "I could make it from here to the cheddar wurst in the kitchen without touching the "lava"! All I have to do it hop to the glider, step over to the chair you set by my desk, then to the rocker.  From there it's over to the footstool, up on the dining room table, step across to the island, and voila!"  More skeptical looks, "I wouldn't try it."

Well, I really meant that my seven year old self could have made it.  She really could have!  In that moment I wished to be her again and give it a shot.  When I came back from the kitchen I set my plate down on the coffee table and put one foot up on the glider.

Snicker from the couch: "That has emergency room written all over it."

Dirty look from the chair: "Don't steal my lines."

So I didn't do it, because I'm not my seven year old self.  My forty-four year old self had another incident yesterday.  Flew right up in the air, arms and legs akimbo, and landed in a snow bank.  Again, the only one who saw it was the dog.  I got up quickly because said LARGE dog thought it was fun time!  The Brown Eyed Man came out from behind the plow truck and said, "What's going on?  All I heard was WaaaaAAAAA, and then  BA-hahahahahaha."  I told him what happened, and he just shook his head and walked away.

So what.  I could do it, I know I could.

The floor is lava.........


No comments:

Post a Comment