Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Tater is TEN!

Well, it has finally happened.  Our baby is TEN!  All of the kids are in double digits now. :(

Got Cheerios?
We had a sleepover a couple of weeks back, but it wasn't a birthday sleepover, so we will have to have one before the school year starts!  It was hot out, so a lot of time was spent inside playing UNO, and we watched the Wizard Of Oz, because I finally got a turn to pick!  When we were outside in the cooler evening air, I taught the Goovers how to play jarts.  Once they got the hang of it, we chose teams (of course Tater went with The Brown Eyed Uncle) and it was ON.  Hannah and I lost, but just by a few points.  The impromptu victory dance that Tater and her Uncle created was epic.  I am sorry that I didn't get it on film, but I (and probably Hannah) will never forget it! :)

Concentration!
Tater was also in "The Little Mermaid Jr." a musical that the school district puts on through the summer school program.  She absolutely loved it, and was a Mermaid in the chorus.  We all had a great time at the performances, even though there is NO air conditioning in the auditorium.

Mermaid
Tater is also a real life mermaid!  She has spent half of this summer in the water.  Here's a pic of her swimming in Lake Ruth, at the same cabin we used to swim at as children.  She was one of the first in, and the absolute last out.  Everyone was packing up to leave and there she was, floating around.  It was the first opportunity I have ever had to swim with the Goovers!  Good times!

Mermaid
Happy birthday to our spitfire!  Even if I have to take the back seat to your "authentic", "cool", Uncle these days, I still love you with all of my heart!  (but I'm not buying you a pony..... lol)

XXOO  Aunt Joanie







No comments:

Post a Comment