Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

"Baby" Mo

THE magnificent Mo has turned two!  The kids that I taught in Preschool always refer to him as "baby" Mo, so a lot of the time that's what I call him, although he is a huge sixteen pound cat!  What can I say?  He likes his treats, and you best just hand them over when he wants them if you know what's good for you.  I'm trying to just give him two when he asks, because he asks a lot.
Mo is two! He is a gorgeous cat.

I'm not really a cat person, but I've raised four now, and this little bugger is the worst thing on four feet.  He will take pictures right off of the wall, and he pulls the curtains down about once every two weeks. I can't put any kind of decorating that is breakable out, because it WILL be destroyed.  He opens cupboards and rummages around in them, and he can open drawers too.  I have to keep my end table drawers taped shut or he will empty them out.  That wasn't such a big deal until we got a puppy who would eat things.  One of Mo's favorite things to do is toss our stuff down to Loki.  At least now that Loki is older he doesn't eat random things, but he will for sure hide it somewhere, and possibly chew it up, depending on what it is
Hmm...what's this?

If I have to correct Mo's behavior I always get the squirt bottle.  If I try to remove him from the kitchen table, or the island, or my desk, I'm going to get scratched or bit.  If I swat at him I'm going to get clawed for sure.  When The Brown Eyed Man yells at him to get down, Mo does right away, but he walks away sassing, and it is hilarious! Otherwise, he is a quiet kitty.
Time to clean Mom's desk

Mo Mo isn't a lovey kitty.  You run the risk of a swipe even reaching to pet him.  It's best to do that on his terms when he comes to you, and even then there's no guarantee.  He sleeps with me most nights, and at least finally stopped attacking my feet while I slept.  There was a period of about three months, right before Loki came home, where Mo was evicted from the bedroom.  The only time he is really lovey is in the middle of the night.  He wakes me up for pets sometimes, but even then he will claw me if I'm not doing it right, or falling back to sleep. 
Squirt bottle time!

 Milkie and Mo still spar from time to time, but not like when he was little.  Jake and Mo were tight pals, and he taught Mo how to be a good dog.  When Loki arrived that changed.  Jake and Mo don't seem to have much to do with each other anymore.  Loki and Mo are pals, and they play, but as Loki gets older that has settled down.  Mo can hold his own in a battle with the 84 pound pup for sure, but Milkie (who is front declawed) can still kick Mo's butt.
Make me get down and I'll knock over the stool....again.

I think that as time goes by he will improve.............. oh well. We love him anyway, little jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment