Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Brave!

I have posted a few times about my adventures with mice and snakes.  There is this whole blog about how I would handle a Zombie Apocalypse.  http://www.queenie930.blogspot.com/2013/03/fight-flight-or-freeze.html  

Just about two weeks ago (I am so behind on my blogging that I now have a running list.) Nikki and I were having pizza over at Sandy Hughitt's.  After dinner, Nikki had to run and pick up her daughter "Betty Lou" from somewhere, and Sandy asked if I could possibly help with something in the garage.

"I just can't do it, maybe Derek is home next door.  Maybe you can do it?"

Well what the heck did she need?  After a little story she explained that she had mouse traps in each corner, and thought perhaps she saw a shadow in one.  Could I help?  Eeeeeek!  I thought maybe I should try and be a braver version of myself, because zombies aren't going to look all cute and fuzzy, so I asked her to double bag some plastic grocery bags, and away I marched. 

I saw the shadow she mentioned, and promptly ran out of the garage.  So much for that.  Then I sucked it up and went back in, positively identified it as a mouse, and ran back out.  I went in and out several more times, then found a garden spade to help me scoop it up, but that didn't work.

Sandy had used the old time wooden trap, so I only had to get that mouse into the bag and toss it in the garbage.  As Nikki was pulling back in with her daughter, who is an impressionable teen, I decided to grab some garden gloves, and try one last time to get over myself.  I didn't want to be that kind of an example of womanly nonsense in front of Betty Lou, who immediately came over to see it, and offered to take care of it.  I was all, "I've got this." and I tossed the bag over the mouse, grabbed the trap where I knew the mouse wasn't and popped it into the bag.  Trying not to run or yelp I wandered on over to the garbage can behind the garage and voila!

I looked at Sandy and said, "Maybe I can survive the Zombie Apocalypse."  As long as there aren't any snakes......

Scene from the country:  B.E.M. - What would you do if there were a snake in the yard?
                                       Me- (as I can feel the panic set in) Just tell me which way to walk!
                                      B.E.M. Oh, there isn't one.  I was just wondering what you would do.

NOT nice.  I also informed him that although I did it, I am still not a mouse disposer, and I also freaked out two nights ago when I thought there was a mouse in the bedroom. (there wasn't)  So..........

No comments:

Post a Comment