Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Happy

♫ Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Cee-Cee (butt) Happy Birthday to you! ♫

My plan today was to take a lunch break and go have a bite with CeCe on her 9th birthday.  Instead I am home sick with a cold, and pushing it to sit up here and write.  I try to stay away from folks when I'm sick, and Ce especially.
Christmas 2013

This year CeCe has made a break through in expressing emotion.  Oh, she can get it across quite easily if she's peeved about something, and she has a great belly laugh when she's happy, so you can usually tell what she's feeling, but this year at least twice she has reached out farther.

There was an incident at school where she bit one of her para's.  The gal was feeding her some ice cream they had made.  Whether an accident or not, we'll never know, but I happened to be the adult in charge when she was done with school that day.   Cece and I were in her living room, and she was looking out the window.  All of the sudden she put her hand in her mouth and bit it. (Something she doesn't do.)  I looked at her, and said "Did you bite someone at school today?"  She shook her head yes.  Then, using a very disappointed voice,  I said "Oh, Cierra, that's not o.k.  Biting hurts.  We do not bite people."  As I was talking her head went lower and lower.  Then I asked if she was sorry, and she did the sign for sorry and gave me a hug. 

A few months later she and her Mom were in the living room watching some CeCe movie together and Cierra walked up to my sister and said "happy".  That's not a common word for her to use.  Kate wasn't sure if it was a fluke, so she said "Mommy is happy, is CeCe happy?"  Cierra said HAPPY and gave Kate a big hug.

Tiny milestones, that are so huge when they come from Cierra.  It is such a blessing to have her in our lives!  Happy Birthday Cierra Ruthmarie! 

No comments:

Post a Comment