Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Karma for Christmas

First of all, I mean the good kind of Karma, that moment when the universe opens up and does something unexpectedly kind for you.  I have had plenty of the other kind, sometimes deserved, and sometimes I look at the sky and ask "REALLY?".

Today I went birthday shopping at Target.  I had a thirty dollar gift card to spend on something just for me.  I don't shop at Target often, they think clothes are made for one size, and it isn't mine.  Pants are too slim, bra's are too small, shoes are too narrow. (and I have small feet)  After I picked up a new toy for Jake, a toilet brush, and a travel mug, Kate and I wandered over to the Christmas section.  She couldn't believe that's what I was going to buy with my card, but I told her we would check and see if they had added a Christmas village to their decorations, and if they hadn't  we would go over to books, because I will always add more books to my collection.

Target still doesn't carry a village, so I was skunked there, just like everywhere else I had been in the store.  Heading off to the book section we passed the Christmas trees.  We were having a little argument about trees at our house.  He thinks the Charlie brown and ceramic table trees are enough.  I do not agree.  I do have a four footer that has seen better days, but I want a big tree.  (Can't do real, allergic.)

I was taunting him in the tree section at Menard's just this past Saturday.  It was a little song, that went something like this:  ♫ Jingle bells, jingle bells, I am getting a tree.  No matter what you have to say, you aren't going to stop MeeeE.  Jingle bells, jingle bells, lots of pretty lights.  I am getting a Christmas tree, I don't care if it starts a fight.♫

Looking at the trees, and the prices, of course the one I like is $200.  That's always the case.  So I keep going around the square they have set up, and I see a seven foot, unlit tree with a sign on it that says $30.  I thought it was probably a mistake, the actual price was $70.  I looked for the right box, but couldn't find it.  Went back to the tree and checked it's number, which was 17.  Looked for the box again, and found ONE left.  Snagged it up, and figured we could hash it out at the register.  I looked one more time to make sure I had the right tree, and I did.

At the register, of course, it rang up for $70.  I politely said to the gal, there was a sign on this tree that said $30.  She didn't even question me.  She said, "Ok, we'll change it."  I told her I didn't mind waiting while someone checked it out, and she told me that they could figure it out later.  She seemed like maybe she wasn't having a "I love working for Target" kind of day.  I thanked her, and used my $30 gift card, bringing my total price for my new tree to zero dollars!

When I was loading it into my car I said to Kate,  "This is my karma tree!"  She looked at me funny, and I said, "It's a little payback from the universe for all the good karma I have put out there."

I chose to confess that there is a tree somewhere in this house, because he'll read this and the jig would be up anyway.  I don't think we're having a fight......... but I don't care 'cause ♫ I just got my treeeeE.♫

No comments:

Post a Comment