Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Seasons

Well, it's time for 30 days of thankful again, and for today's entry you get a whole blog!

Day 2:  I am thankful for my home.  By home I mean the actual structure/property/area.

I moved out to the country one year ago today.  My stuff kept joining me throughout the month of November, but the last day I slept at the apartment was November first.

Last winter being the toughest on record, I had no idea what I was in for.  Death drives in the dark at least twice a week, the snow piling up, blizzards, the intense cold, the furnace going out, the fuel running out (because the dude put the gauge in backwards).

Winter
When spring finally arrived in late May, it arrived with lots of water.  That in turn brought the mud.  Outside, inside, on the dog, on us, everywhere.  I started keeping a pair of shoes in the car, because I had to wear my red water/mud boots everywhere around here.
Spring

Summer finally arrived, but with it came the mosquitos.  I can't tell you how many times we were forced back into the house.  Neither one of us care for bug spray, and with it on you were even eaten up outside.  The skeeters literally didn't end until mid October, it was crazy.

Summer
Fall is here now, and I must say, it has been the easiest of the seasons.  It's bittersweet because most of our time has been spent battening the hatches because winter is right around the corner.
Fall

Living out in the country has been challenging to say the least, but (minus the winter driving) I love it!  The positives in each season have way outnumbered the aforementioned negatives.  When I was a child I spent every moment in the woods that I could.  While I love the convenience of living in town, my heart is definitely in the country.  The quiet and the space bring a peace to my soul that nothing else ever could.


No comments:

Post a Comment