Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Thirteen!

We have another teenager  in the family!  TAFKAP turns 13 today.  It's seems like just yesterday he was getting off of the plane with his folks, and I gave him his first winter jacket!

On Easter we had cupcakes for dessert to celebrate the occasion, and for his birthday we gave him cash.  I made sure that he (a Viking fan) knew that the exact place this money came from.  It was handed to me from another Viking fan, who lost it to me in a bet between the Packers and the Vikings.


Two months before he was three.
Ten years ago Pablo celebrated his first birthday in this country, and with our family.  He was three.  That year I gave him a red trike.  He and Hannah had a good time with it!  He looked so cute in his little helmet.  (I can see him rolling his eyes at me if he reads this.) Those pictures are in a photo album, so I wont drag them out and show everyone. Today anyway..........

September 2014
He used to jump into my arms, then when he was a little older, and didn't want hugs and kisses I would tell him it was o.k.  I didn't want his gross kisses, and he would chase me down and give me a kiss on the cheek.  Now I can barely get a handshake.  I did get the handshake on his birthday, because I said "Shake it, or hug me, your choice."

Lately Paul has shown an interest in cooking, so I will have to have him out to cook me dinner!  He is allergic to Milkie, so that makes it difficult.  His folks have been here, but he hasn't actually been out to the house.  I think he would make a fortune in change if he came out with his metal detector!

I think it's his Dad's favorite picture!
No one would ever really send this sweet little boy back to Guatemala!  The jury is out on the teenager.......
 
 All joking aside, The Artist Formerly Known As Pablo is my favorite nephew!  Yes, I know, he is the only one I have.  You may not have been born a "Meys", but never doubt that you are ours.  A very loved and treasured part of this family.  What a blessing it was when you came home to us!  I still remember talking to you on the phone when Oma and Mama and Papa were with you in Guatemala. I couldn't understand most of your two year old jabber, but "Te Amo Tia" came across loud and clear.  You wouldn't allow any of us to speak Spanish to you after you arrived here, so I will say it in English.  I love you too, Paul.  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment