Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

He's just not that into you.....maybe.

I was all set to blog about one of my favorite pet peeves, we'll call it the Princess Problem. However, another thought came up and took over just when I started writing it. I thought the new idea didn't pertain to me, but maybe it's the entire issue. Then right as I got home I passed a man in sweats with a toy race car, who seemed about my age. I almost cried when I remembered THAT is what's out there waiting for me. So I thought maybe I should blog about him, and his kind. Which is perhaps a very nice man, but don't wear sweats on a coffee date. Yes, it has happened. Keep the remote control cars at home.

I am starting a list of things to write about, so I don't forget any of my stories, or any of my tips, plans, rants, etc. My decision is to go with the "light bulb moment" I had this morning and blog about the movie "He's Just Not That Into You."

A few months ago I joined Netflix, and am loving it! Wednesday a movie arrives all for me, a chick flick that I have been waiting and waiting to see but could never foist upon Leon. Sat night was the date night movie, but will now more than likely be a classic movie for whenever I feel like it on the weekend. I'm also toying with getting the first season of "The Tudors". Notice how I'm re-setting my routine?? Good girl.

So anyway, a few Wednesdays back my feature was the movie in question. The premise is that when we are girl children we are told that the little demons who torture us (boy children) do so because they secretly like us. Therefore, when we grow up we accept the unacceptable from men, because really they are only doing it because they like us. This I don't buy. (They do it because we allow it.) I used to kick the ASS of any little demon who bothered me when I was a girl child, and I enjoyed it the whole time! I still would kick the ass of any man child who thought he could. I have put myself in harms way a few times with that attitude, but when it is fight or flight my nature is not to run. It is to pick up a baseball bat. ;)

While composing my Princess blog the title of the movie and the other point that it makes struck me. He's just not that into you. (light bulb goes on) What did you say? HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU! Oh... yeah... hmmmm.... That's the other point of the movie. When guys don't call or suddenly stop calling, they avoid you, or maybe most importantly for me, when things end after a period of time because it "isn't going anywhere", he's just not that into you. Accept it, as hard as it is to do, and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment