Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Best Days

As a child I had a little spot in my memory bank for "best days." I would tuck a fun time with family and/or friends in this place to replay later. Fodder for escape on maybe a not so "best day." Which sad to say became more frequent as I got older. I had a pretty carefree early childhood, and I am grateful for that. The rest of it helped shape me into who I am now, and I suppose I am grateful for that too.

I was sitting with the girls on the patio at Happy Hour, and I said to them. This is the best day ever! First of all I didn't have to work, and that (baring a funeral or hospital visit) qualifies as a best day right off the bat. I was able to spend a good portion of the day with my family. My brothers even took the day off and we all went to the zoo, with a picnic in tow. Watching the kids enjoy the animals and each other was priceless. I came home, enjoyed the pictures from the adventure, and promptly zonked out for an hour on the couch. Woke up, changed, and headed out to spend time with the girls. After happy hour the brown eyed man brought over some huge delicious pork chops to cook up for dinner.

I consider it a good day when I get to spend time with my family, or my friends, or the brown eyed man. Yesterday was definitely a "best day."

No comments:

Post a Comment