Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Poetry 2

On Friday during nap time this little poem escaped. The comp broke, and my wonderful brother fixed it today! So here it is!

~Why love?

Why should I trust, and try to share a heart that
has been laid open, bare and broken too many times to count?

Why should I love, when love had failed and faded?
Washed away by pain and guilt, or swept along the sands of time.

Why should I let myself feel, when drowning in the depth
of those emotions threatens at every turn?

Why should I let myself hope, reaching out again and again
hoping that someone will grasp my hand?

Because, to live without walking around in an empty
shell, you need these precious things. Otherwise you are just marking
your time here on earth with nothing, until it slips away.

No comments:

Post a Comment