Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Got Boots?

These are my brand new Duck Boots!  They cost to many pennies, but on this rainy, snowy, blowy day I am so glad to have them!  ( bday gift from me, to me) They are also to big.  Apparently my feet are shrinking.......  I don't get it.  All my shoes are loose, and when I try to find shoes nothing fits.  Another one of those weird things that happens in your forties? 

It rained for a month (June), then no rain for months (July, Aug, Sept) and now it has rained three days straight.  This all or nothing weather is kinda crazy, but I am loving the cooler temps.  Several times there were snowflakes floating on the breeze today! 

I had to sing the rain song to myself today, while driving in the car on my errands.  Didn't have a bunch of four year olds to sing along and do the waddle walk.

♫ Ducks like rain!  Ducks like rain! (join in if you know the tune) Ducks like splishing, splashing in the rain!  Ducks like rain!  Ducks like rain!  Ducks like the rainy weather, water running of their feathers, ducks like splishing, splashing in the rain.  (get ready to flap and waddle) QUACK, QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK.  QUACK, QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK.  QUACK, QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK. QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!    Very good children. ;)

I also stumbled onto a new drink.......... Kissed Caramel Vodka, by Smirnoff.  Oh my goodness!  Going to try and make some birthday turtle drinks out of it this weekend.  So much better than cake!  Thinking I can also do some hot caramel apple drinks and hot chocolate or coffee drinks with it.  Hope it's good!!!  Perfect for this nasty weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment