Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, October 5, 2012

Cold Nuf For Ya?

What a difference a week makes!  Last Friday night Sandy Hughitt, Shelly, and I sat out on the deck at Keyport.  It was absolutely gorgeous, and probably the last time for the year.  I had my traditional "pink" and that was probably the last for awhile too.  I tend toward warm coffee drinks when it's cooler outside.  Tonight I'm thinking Bailey's...... and I know that we will be inside visiting.

The temps today are hovering in the 40's, but there is a 20 mile an hour wind that is ripping off the big lake.  If you haven't experienced it, you really have no idea what that means.  It's cold.  Damn cold.  Rip right through you cold.  Our beautiful fall leaves are being yanked right out of the trees, so if you live up here I hope you enjoyed the spectacular fall colors last weekend. :(  I will take it though.  This is still better than 90.  Any day.

Today definitely marks the season change for me.  I brought a big salad for lunch, and just tossed the salad dressing bottle into the bag I was carrying.  Now I need that bottle at home, and the chances of my remembering to grab it out of the basement fridge when I'm done tonight are slim, and none.  Leaning heavily toward none.  Then it dawned on me!  I can leave it in the car.  Yep folks, it's that time of year again, where you can use the car to safely store food.  No melted ice cream on a long drive home, that's for sure.  So I bundled up in the new sweater that my sister bought me for my birthday and ran outside. (Hair done by lake breeze is one of my favorite terms.)  I should have donned my jacket instead, but the dressing is safe in the car, where it will at least make it to the front of my house tonight. 

Bundle up folks, and enjoy the snuggle weather.  I know I intend to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment