Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Grillin'

Yesterday I put the old grill out for the curbside pick up our city has each spring.  My scheduled pick up day is this coming Monday, but by the time I got home from work the grill was gone.  Someone was pretty desperate, but I hope they can make use of the rusty old wobbly wheel thing.  It has some great memories attached to it, and for that reason I was sad to see it go.



So as the snowflakes fall, it's time to think about buying a grill!  Yes, it is May 3rd and there are little snowflakes dancing in the air.  I have to be thankful because that's all they are doing.  If you travel an hour from here people have 15 inches of heavy, wet snow!

I think I will aim for a smaller travel/table top grill.  It's just for me, and  I am always afraid of blowing myself up with the big grills.  Ha, now that I write that, I remember that the closest I have ever come to an incident WAS with the travel kind.  Thank God I had foil on the grate, saved my eyebrows. 

From the time I was very little my Dad would drag out the charcoal grill and toast us up burgers or chops.  Dang those hockey puck, burned through things were good. :)  The best part was getting to roast marshmallow afterwards.  Even though I don't really care to eat them, I love the roasting part.  We didn't know about s'mores back then.

To me, if summer had a smell, it would be just about anything cooking on a grill.  *sigh*  Soon.......  It makes me sad that I wont have my grilling partner, but I'll adjust.  I always do.

This weekend I'm heading out of town to what I hoped would be warmer climes.  Yeah....not so much.  I'm heading to Ramsey MN to be there when my God Son receives his First Communion.  Yep, I'm going to church.  Couldn't hurt......much.  :) I will light a candle for Spring!




No comments:

Post a Comment