Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Fierce

Fierce!  That is what forty-four is all about.

Letting go of the comfort zone, doing things that are difficult for me, making hard choices, letting go of past hurts, sending away my tiger. 

On Sunday night the Brown Eyed Man had some car trouble.  The short of it was that he wanted me to drive the big truck and tow his car (with him in it) to my garage.  Normally I would have nixed that plan.  Instead I just went along with it. 

Him: I have something to say and you're not going to like it.

Me: I rarely do, might as well spill it.

Him: I want to get the truck and tow the car to your garage.

Me: Yeah, sure.  I don't mind driving back out to the country.

Him: No, you don't get it.  I want YOU to drive the truck and tow me.

Me: Uhhhh.......???  Can I even reach the pedal?

Long, involved, two hours later, story short......... 

The car was safely tucked away in my garage, minus a flat tire that happened while towing.  I called "not my fault" and "you pay all fines" (there weren't any) before we started, but I drove that truck.  He may have had to toss me in because there aren't any hand holds to grab onto to climb in, but I drove that damn thing.  Side note, this all happened in the worst neighborhood in town. (of course)

My cousin Val thought it might be a marketable skill for me.  Ha.... I don't think so.  I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, but tow truck driver is NOT on the list of possibilities!  Now race car driver.............  (Don't worry, I can't reach the gas pedal.)

No comments:

Post a Comment