Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wellies

Last winter, in preparation for sprinter, and then eventually spring, I decided to buy a pair of really good water boots.  I knew the yard would be muck for awhile, so I thought I would get a jump on it.  "Wellingtons" are quite expensive, but I was able to snag a pair on Amazon.com for thirty bucks!

Brand spankin' new!
Here are my "Wellies".  I love them!  They are possibly the single best purchase I have ever made.  I had no idea how rough sprinter was going to turn out to be, (we are currently in the middle of a week long snow/ice/rain mess)  and I have worn them every day for the last month or so.  They are holding up well, but don't look so purdy right now!

I have it on the best authority that all the cool girls wear red boots.

Goovers bird watching and helping me feed the birds.
When I was younger, well, now that I stop and think about it, up until last fall when I moved out to Miller Creek, I was not really a boot fan.  I was also not really keen on hats either.  I have happily lived in boots for the last six months, and I have willingly put on a hat on more than one occasion.  The Brown Eyed Man bought me one as kind of a joke for Christmas.  It's the kind with the braids down the sides, and it has a panda head.  I wore it all the time outside with Jake on frigid days.

Our snow is mostly gone now, but there is a HUGE pond taking up part of the front yard.  Then there's a swampy area that you can actually walk through to get to the car, and the area around the garage is mushy mud.  I am so thankful for my red Wellies!  Although I do look forward to tennis shoes, sandals, and for yuckier days my fabulous red duck boots.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment