Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, May 4, 2014

SPRING

Spring has finally sprung in the Northland!  I have never spent a lot of time out here on Miller Creek during the spring I guess.  I never knew the trees over by the septic are Pussy Willow!  What an awesome surprise when I went to hang up my garden gnome.  It honestly almost made me cry.  The day is so beautiful, the winter was SO long, and this is so overdue!  The sad thing is, because they are willow trees they seek water.  We can't have them burrowing into the holding tank, and they will, so...........  *sigh*  At least there are others a ways back.

Yesterday I had some things to do, but when I finally had free time I headed out to the south side of the property and started to dig a little trench, where I am going to put some iris.
A start
That's the beginning to a little flower garden.  The Brown Eyed Man would like to see it come around the front of the house, but I have other things with flowers that I want to do on the hillside, and a vegetable garden to create.

I can see veggies!
Hopefully next weekend we will have a start on some garden sections.  I like to make 4x6 boxes that you can get around, so you don't have to climb into the dirt.  I would rather sit or kneel in the grass and pick weeds, or veggies than crouch to stay out of the dirt.  Two four by six are going in for sure.  Possibly something smaller for strawberries, and something for herbs.
Number One
Ashlyn is probably the only Goover who will remember my gnome garden.  When she was young she would search every time she was over to see how many gnomes were there.  There would always be at least one more hiding somewhere.  I only have three (technically four, but two are together) left.  I'm looking forward to building my collection up again!

So many exciting things!  I'm exhausted from all the fresh air and yard cleanup today, but it's so much better than being exhausted from sitting on the couch watching it snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment