Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Monday, October 6, 2014

Frost On The Pumpkin

I'm glad I had a chance to enjoy my flower garden this past weekend, we had the first frost of the year last night.  While fall is definitely my favorite season, I'm really sad to see the garden begin it's decline.  I took out the veggie gardens last Monday, so no more work until spring with that.  If I had realized it was going to frost I would have tossed a pillowcase over the mums.  Oh well.  I hope I didn't transplant them into the garden to late for them to take root and come back next year.  Regardless, they were beautiful!

I even set out my fall village this weekend, minus the Halloween addition, because I can't find where I stuck the box.  It's not in the big closet with the rest of the decorations, so it must be in the bedroom closet amongst the boxes I haven't unpacked. "gulp"  Probably never see it again.  I'm thinking the Goovers would probably like to help me pick out a new fall piece.  They love to monkey around with the village.

We haven't turned the furnace on in the house full time yet.  On two separate occasions (one this past Sat morning) we did turn it on and let it run til it warmed things up.  Propane will be delivered this week, so after that we'll just set er at 68 and let the good times roll!  I have mentioned moving the bedroom around to get the dang bed away from the heat vent, I hate the warm air wafting by my head.  We got as far as taking the ac out of the window.......  Pretty soon I will do it myself and put things were I (that is a very capital I) want them.  Cause that's how I roll.

The plow truck is ready, I just have to buy a new shovel, mine broke with the last snowfall.  So..... last May?     We also have to buy a looooonnnnggg ladder, so there aren't any more adventures getting up on the roof if we get piles, upon piles, of never ending snow again this year.  That is what some forecasts are calling for, and I'm glad......because they are always wrong!

When I saw the frost on my car this morning my heart just sank.  NO, not yet!  I'm not ready for this yet. I don't want to leave the house earlier to clean off the car.  That turns into letting the car run awhile, which leads to cleaning off snow, and sub zero temps where I get up really early to make sure it's even going to start.  It all culminates with death drives to and from work, in the dark morning, and the pitch black night.  Yuck.

I'm going to have to try and keep my focus on the things I love about this time of year.  The smell and sound of the crisp new fallen leaves, the gorgeous color right out my back door, bonfires, apple cider, apple crisp, apples with caramel, carving pumpkins and roasting the seeds, and decorating for Halloween!  

No comments:

Post a Comment