Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

45

Yikes.  45?  I don't feel a day over 38.  Oh well, age is just a number. 

Guess what I picked to do for my birthday?  ♫ Goin' to the zoo, zoo, zoo! ♫  If the people down the way who are moving a house ever do, in fact, get it out of the middle of the road........  See, age is just a number.  It is one of my favorite place to go, and has been since I was very small. 

Here's proof that very little ever changes:

When I was a little one my Mom always had our birthday parties at home.  They were awesome!  All my friends would ride the bus home with me from school, my Mom would have lots of party games and prizes, then we would open my gifts, eat something home made like sloppy joes, and enjoy a big home made birthday cake!

The days leading up to my birthday (just like this past weekend) are usually unseasonably warm.  I would dream of how my friends and I were going to play outside games, and enjoy my swing set, etc.  It would be the best party ever!  Every year I was skunked.  Every. Year.  The weather on my birthday is traditionally crap. (It is 44 degrees right now with a 15mph wind off the big lake.)  That will not deter me from the zoo.  Even if it was raining we would still be bundling up.  I love sweaters, and I dug out my winter vest with mitts in the pocket, so I am ready to go!

Then I'm thinking we will have a late lunch at Shorty's.  The shrimp po boy is calling my name!  Then I get to go and pick out some new garden/bird stuff for my present! 

So here's to being 45.  Forty is definitely fabulous, can't wait to see what this year will bring!  Yea!  It's time to go!!  Wish you were coming too, too, too, we're going to the zoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment