Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Feed Bag

It's a strange thing to add to my thankful list.......... but here you go.


Once upon a time......... oh, a little more than two years ago, I got this purse from Avon.  I fell instantly in love. 

Me: LOOK AT MY NEW PURSE!! ISN'T  IT FABULOUS?!!

Brown Eyed Man :  Huh, looks like a feedbag.

Me:  Dumb ass.... What do you know?

So the purse got a name, and it stuck, and I stuck with it, for over two years.  I have tried a couple of different purses, but they were all returned the minute I got them home and tried to unload the feedbag.  Just couldn't do it.  I have a couple other purses in the closet for different occasions, but they aren't what I want for every day.

So I finally bit the bullet and got another new purse.  The feedbag is old and the outside "leather" is starting to peel off.  *one single tear rolls down my face*  It's a cute little purse, but it isn't the feedbag.  Necessities only.  I hate it.  O.k. I don't hate it, I actually like it, but it is change, and I sure hate that.

So today I am thankful for the Feedbag.  It was a good purse and served me well for more than two years on a daily basis.  It's going in the closet, in case I need it to haul some feed, or maybe Avon books..... or maybe just so I know it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment