Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Prom.... Then and Now

Tonight is prom night for the eldest Goover.  I wanted to get pics beforehand, but Ash was over at a friends house getting ready, so I told them pictures better show up on Facebook in a timely manner, or I would wander on over to the prom and take them myself.  Oh yes I would....... in my jamma pants and my sorrels.  It's a peach of a day here in the Northland.  We have rain, snow, sleet, and just a little bit of hail thrown in for good measure.  What brain trust decided early April was the best time for a prom??

So here she is.  (slow tear sliding down one cheek)

Fancy, just like Grandma. ♥
 
 
This made me think of her as a three year old, playing in the puddles in her dresses.
 
 
It still staggers me that she is sixteen.  She drives, she has played on the football team, she just made varsity soccer, has a "man friend", and is at her junior prom.  (sniff) 
 
 
Looking at her pics made me feel quite nostalgic.  Twenty seven (holy crap) years ago I went to my Junior Prom.  They held it mid May, so it was chilly, but at least there wasn't any snow.  It was a blast.  The guys all wore white tuxes, and they all had shades and squirt guns.  We all hung together as a group during the dance, and then the girls slept over at Kelli's afterwards.  We must must have gone somewhere for dinner beforehand, but I seriously can not recall where.  I was irritated because the guys were more interested in goofing around than dancing with us, but it was fun.
 
 
 
That was the worst hair of my life.  It was supposed to be ringlets and then the lady decided to brush it out.  Can you say bouffant?  Geez.
 
 
 
 
Senior prom, I have no memory of, except for it being kind of "blah."  This is Vicki and I right after the grand march.  I remember she was in love with that dress because it was straight out of  "Gone With the Wind"!  Mine was pink lace, and itchy as hell.  Much better hair though!
 
 
Ashlyn I hope you have the time of your life tonight!  To bad you have soccer practice at noon!  Love you to the moon and back, and half way around the block.  Please don't play in the puddles.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment