Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, August 29, 2014

Roots and Wings

                                         Happy18th Birthday, Baby Grown Up Pig Nose!

“There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots; the other, wings.”

― W. Hodding Carter
Our girl is eighteen today!  Time has flown too fast, and I'm not going to blog much about it, because this has been the "Summer of Ashlyn" already.  ;)  She moved into the dorms at St. Scholastica yesterday, and classes start next week.

My darling girl, as you begin your journey, know that you are in my thoughts always.  What a blessing you have been in my life!  I know that you are worried about how it's all going to go, but it's time to let go of that, and enjoy the ride!  In this life there are things you can control, and things you can't.  The sooner you figure out which is which, the happier you'll be!

Today you go from being a child of my heart, to a woman I call a friend, but I will always be your Auntie Pig Nose. ♥

I love you first.         FLY!



No comments:

Post a Comment