Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Goover Gingerbread


Well, we goovers finally had our "Wizard of Oz" sleepover! The two little ones had never seen the movie, so it was fun to share it with them. It always brings up childhood memories, mostly of Easter, as that is when the networks used to play it. The first time Ashlyn and I watched it she was about four, and I was afraid she would be scared of the witch. Turns out she cheered the witch on. That's my girl!

While Ashlyn made brownies the goovers helped me "un" decorate the house from fall/Thanksgiving. They enjoyed that, and it got the work done really fast. We took out one Christmas candle, and arranged the holiday blocks to say "Merry Christmas". Then we took out the gingerbread house kit that I purchased from Target. It was an interesting project, and we all did have a lot of fun. The icing was like tacky glue with sugar in it, and that's what it tasted like too. Much to the disappointment of the girls the candy also arrives stale. It went together without incident, and that's all Auntie cared about!

My wall is now covered with paintings turned into snowflakes. That's the decoration they chose to make this year. We ran out of time for Christmas chains this time. If we get together to make cookies we'll do that too. Christmas dinner is at my house, so it's fun to have them help with the decorating.

One major change in the goover plans: I am not sleeping with the little goovers again! I put the restless one on the end (Caitlin) so she would kick Hannah, not me. :) She still took up more than half the bed, leaving me and Hannah (who is as hot as a furnace) clinging to the other edge. Add a cat who is upset to have someone else close to her Mama and we have a mostly sleepless night. We'll get them a blow up mattress for when they spend the end of Dec with me, and the nights we're at their house they can sleep in their own beds! When they woke up bright eyed at 7 am I thought, yep.... THIS is why I do not have kids!

It was a fun time though, and we'll get together again soon! Maybe TAFKAP can join us for some cookie baking in a few weeks. He's a goover alright, but is allergic to the cat so can't sleep over.

Speaking of TAFKAP, we had a good Thanksgiving. He beat me at Mario Kart numerous times, and he, Jerry, and I played four rock band songs. I played at expert and 3 out of 4 were 98%! I ROCK! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment