Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How Rude!

This is more of a short irritated commentary! Unless of course I start to rant. :) The other day I decided to update my Face Book status. It now says single, and I changed the "looking for" from just friends to add dating and a relationship . Although I am not really looking for those things at the moment. So I changed it, and moved on with my life without another thought. Then I started noticing the adds on the side of my wall had changed.

Apparently I am no longer interested in "Tide", or going back to school, or working from home. Now the ads are totally jammed with dating sites of all kinds, weight watchers, and my favorite...... depression web sites. WTF????? Apparently I need to get on weight watchers and take some pills so I can run right out and find me a man! (which is odd, because the only reason I would need pills of any kind would be due to MEN in the first place)

What kind of a message does this send to women????? I'm trying to keep it clean, but the profanities are flying in my head. I happen to like the way I look, thank you very much. Yes, I am sad. I have been through a very rough and trying time, but I'm dealing with it. No meds needed. However, I do encourage people to seek help if they need it. It just isn't for me. I know how to deal with this. I should, I've done it enough. For me it's a process I have to go through, and I need to feel it. I wont dull it with meds.

The most important statement: FACEBOOK I DO NOT NEED A MAN TO BE COMPLETE! Sometimes I WANT to share my life with a man, but it is not a need. Right now I'm not feeling very generous toward the opposite sex. Until I can direct that anger toward only the people who deserve it, I have no business dating. I'm doing some serious focus on ME, what I want out of this life, and how I'm going to get it. The word man does not apply to any of it at the moment.

So bring back the ads for "Tide" and furthering my education online. They are much more interesting to me right now!

~The End

No comments:

Post a Comment