Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Just a Girl

My facebook post upon returning from my date with Bachelor #2: 

Standing outside of the apt,staring at the moon(still almost 40 degrees) with a HUGE grin on my face! 

I have to admit, we have mutual fb friends, (don't you wish you knew who you were) so if he snoops just a little, he'll make it into the blog.... and I'm a bit nervous about that overall, but that's the chance I took when I started writing. 

So I got his text this afternoon when I finished work asking me to meet him at the Anchor at 5.  Now I'm not familiar with that bar, so it's out of my comfort zone.  This date was pretty blind, I had seen pics, but only short texts, so I was already a little out of my comfort zone.  I was much more nervous this time, but that might be because I'm not allowing myself to "autopilot" anymore.  I had a backup for the Anchor (Tom from work) who would wander over if I text him anything at all, but in the end I asked  (almost wrote his name, whoops!) Bachelor #2 to change over to Keyport.  I'm just more comfortable with people I know.  Turns out he knew more people than I did.

I arrived on time, he was running a couple minutes late.  Star came over to me and said "The other two running behind?"  "No," I replied.  "They'll be here with me tomorrow for happy hour.......I'm actually on a date, and it's pretty "blind" so can you please go easy on the whiskey in the coke in case I need to make a quick escape?!"  "Gotcha, good luck!" 

I didn't need the escape.  He is smart, funny, down to earth, and from his job and the way he talks about the people he cares for I can tell that he has a big heart.  If I have a "type" he comes pretty close to it physically and I did allow him right into my space, which is pretty unheard of for me.  No mother, I did not kiss him on the first date.  :)  Why am I so weird about that?  Do I think the heavens will open up......... ok, more like hell opens up and swallows me whole?  I will blame it on being raised by a nun. 

At one point we both got up to use the ladies (mens) room, and when I came back Star came over to ask how it was going.  I said  "Good, he's a good guy......but I'm a tough nut to crack."  At that point I really wasn't reading him very well.  I thought we might be ending the night.  (Kerri....that is when I took a big sip of my water that had been left unattended at the table.  I checked my fb while waiting for him and saw your post about watching your drink.  I almost spit it out!)

It took him quite a while to return, and I thought "Oh no!  Ditched!"  However, his jacket was still on the chair.  Turns out he ran into a cousin of his and was visiting for a minute.  Then he asked me if he could buy me a burger down at The Anchor, and we headed there.  While on the bar stools (that are MY height btw...about time) he did sit right up snugly with me, and after we ordered he slid his arm around me.  Now most of you know that does not fly with me on a normal basis.  Stay OUT of my bubble.  Whatever it is about him, he got right past the radar.  Yes ladies, I "fit".  You know what I mean.  Some people you just "fit".  Some you don't. 

I have to be careful here, or I'm going to go all girly on you and start gushing.  I am a tough nut to crack, it's true.  But at the end of the day.  I'm just a girl, staring at the moon, with a great big smile on her face.

He dropped me back off at my car, and asked if I wanted to watch a movie, he had rented some, and I have a new one here too.  If it had been the weekend I would have broke the rules and invited him over.  However, it isn't.  I had twenty kids today, and I have another twenty tomorrow.  I have to get to bed at a decent time.  So now we'll see..........  Bachelor #1 didn't get the sleepover invite and jumped back into the pond.  I was very clear with Bachelor #2 that I absolutely want to see him again, and if it wasn't a school night I would have SO been down for the movie watching.  So........ ?  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. You aren't familiar with the anchor!? I love the burgers there. How did you like it?

    I'm so glad for you, too!

    (MaiZeke is Marie E.B.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's hard to believe that I have lived here for just about all of my life and had never had an Anchor burger! I had the cashew burger, which was good, but kept raining cashews all over me. :) Next time I'm going to try the Blue burger, as those are my favorite usually.

    ReplyDelete