Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Standards

 We will start today's discussion with a little graph.

Last Friday it was brought to my attention by a male friend of mine, who has known me most of my life, that "Maybe you are setting the bar to high."  To high for him, or to high in general is what I wondered, but managed not to blunder into that territory.

Instead I explained to him, basically what my little homemade graph shows.  The pic is blurry to me on dial up, so I can't tell if it's blurry to you too.  Thus I will point out what may be obvious.  The top line is where I have set the bar for a man who wants to have a relationship with me.  The bottom line is where my expectation level is when I meet a man, and the middle line is the reality of what I have found.  Sometimes that isn't the guy's fault, it's just that I'm not physically attracted to him. This is why I'm happily single 

My graph used to look very different.  My expectations were the top line, but "The Bar" (what I would accept) was the middle line, and reality was the bottom.  That is why I was mostly miserably attached in some way, shape, or form.  I wasn't always unhappy, but I was very rarely content.  I settled for things, and people who weren't good for me.  I can identify those people quickly now, without going through months, or years of nonsense. 

I have to point out that I really don't think I'm asking for to much.  Everyone deserves to be with someone who fits what they are looking for, and who treats them well.  Believe me, I know that's a two way street.  I will never "As God as my Witness" (GWTW!) settle for anything less, EVER again.

No comments:

Post a Comment