Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tea for Two (Hundred)


For my birthday last September the Goovers (and parents) bought me a box of tea.  Yep.  A box of tea.  Now mind you within this HUGE box, there were several little boxes, each containing 20 tea bags.  I have enough tea to last me the rest of the decade!  A few Christmas' ago they bought me an electric tea maker, very similar to a four cup coffee maker, so I guess I'm all set.

Most of you know that I am a big coffee drinker. (understatement) I am also a snob when it comes to the kind of coffee I will drink. "Office" coffee will get me through in a pinch, but  I don't like it.  When I reach for that swill it's the caffeine I'm after, not the taste.  I  do enjoy tea also, but am not quite as snobby about it.  When I'm not feeling well, nothing hits the spot like good old Lipton tea with some honey in it!  I also live on Lipton iced tea in the summertime, and just like my coffee it's straight up.  No sugar, but sometimes a slice of lemon.  Homemade I might add, because I am not a fan of bottled/canned iced tea.

The best tea drink is when I add some UV Pink Lemonade(that would be vodka) to it.......  I had some Opulent pink iced tea last night at Happy Hour, and I kept thinking "This would be soooooo good with iced tea in it!"  

The tea the Goovers gave me is what I would call "snobby" tea.  There are fabulous flavors.  So far "Paris" is my favorite, followed closely by "Rubio Chai".  No one has cared for "White Grapefruit."  I wasn't surprised.  Maybe I should have a tea party, although the Goovers wont drink it.  Hmmmm an adult tea party?  Unless there's alcohol that probably wont work.

Picture from a card Hannah gave me years ago. :)

I'll just keep plugging away at it, because it's a fabulous way to warm up on a cold night, and around here we have plenty of those, even in the middle of summer.  Plus there's the added bonus of thinking of my Goovers every time I brew an aromatic cup, and that always makes me smile. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment