Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Purple Rain?

Last night we were finally able to take Happy Hour back onto the deck!  Around here we go from freezing to oppressive in 2.5 seconds.  I don't know where all the "nice" weather has gone to.  Give me 75 with a breeze any day!  Yesterday climbed right up to the 80's, with a big glob of humidity on top.

Happy Hour was pretty uneventful, just playing some catch up with Sandy and Boomer.  We grabbed a table that was part shade (for me) and part sun (for Sandy) and despite sitting next to "a prostitution ring" had a good time.  Warm sun, bare toes on the wood deck, Miller light, Malibu diet, and pink lemonade vodka respectively, sun glasses, interesting conversation.  Usually something crazy will happen on the deck, but it was a mellow night.

Afterwards we wandered into the attached liquor store.  Boomer's new thing is pineapple sangria (gag) so she was after some supplies.  I got to wander around with Sandy after we lost Boomer, and then I got to push the cart.  Crazy things sometimes happen at the liquor store, but it was a mellow night.

Boomer and I had some grocery shopping to do, so we said good night to Sandy and wandered on over to Super One.  I had parked at the very far end of the parking lot, so I went down and moved my car up.  As I am walking up toward Boomer, who is walking slowly, staring off to my left I can hear that she's saying something to me, but I can't understand her.  "What?"  "Hurry up, or you're gonna miss it!"  "What the devil are you talking about?  I can see anything."  "Hurry UP or you're gonna miss it!"  "What are you talking a........" 

Here is what I posted on facebook :

Confidential to the African American gentleman on the tiny purple scooter that zipped across the Super One parking lot to the liquor store...... "Dude! NOT cool!" (But I haven't laughed that hard in quite awhile.....) :)"

I did laugh.  I couldn't stop laughing.  I was standing in the street laughing, I walked in to the store laughing, and I laughed all the way to produce.  Yes, I could see you people looking at me, I am not a quiet laughter.  Too bad you didn't get to see what struck me as so funny!

One of the replies to my facebook post was  "Sounds like Prince, only gayer."  That's the best part, this guy was the opposite of Prince, the only thing similar was the color purple.  So that gave me the blog title.  According to another post on my fb  this is not the first Purple Rain sighting either!  So keep your eyes open Superior!  YOU might just spot him zipping along on his little purple scooter!  Please, please, please let me know if you do! 

Now I'm walking around my house singing ♫ Little purple scooter, (woohoohoo) baby you're much to fast (got to slow down) ♫  *eye roll*  Oh brother.......

No comments:

Post a Comment