Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Winning

I am taking a seat on my Queenly throne for this one.  It is my say, I will have it, and it is not up for discussion.  I'm not debating, because this is my corner of the world and I don't have to.  I'm not linking it to facebook, and I'm not getting into a pissing match about it here, so don't bother.  :)

We all know that Mr. Walker won the recall election yesterday.  I knew that the backlash of commentary, no matter who won would be running rampant everywhere today, and I am sick of listening to it.  I haven't responded to any of the posts, and I haven't posted anything of my own.  This is my reply, and my opinion, which I'm entitled to...without your nonsense, so here we go.  Don't like it?  Don't read it.

You (repub) may have "won"...... but just what exactly did we (dem) lose?  The answer is: nothing.  We won a Democratic majority in the State Senate, so that should curb some of the dark of night, back alley, push it through before they notice, politics that have been going on.  We proved that working people will stand up and fight for our rights, and mobilized thousands of apathetic voters to get out there.

It was a grass roots campaign that took on the corporate machine, and came pretty close to winning.  We are not defeated, we are energized, and this is not over..........not by a long shot.  Let's not forget, in five months every seat in the Assembly is up for re-election.

Well, at least the governor has more time to concentrate on his defense for the criminal investigation that looms. Good luck with that.  I'm hoping the the entire USA has taken a good look at this "Teabag Rock Star" that the Republican party seems to be grooming for bigger things in the future.  God help us if they didn't.

1 comment:

  1. Dems did pretty well considering that Repubs outspent them 7 to 1. I'll take that as a positive.

    ReplyDelete