Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Proud Auntie

Well, I guess its no secret (nor has it ever been) that I'm proud of my Goovers.  They are all unique and special in their own way, but the red headed one, well........she's just something else.

Ash got her drivers licence today!  I'm sure now that they are all out in the country her parents are glad she can cart her own behind to and from all of these high school activities.  So, of course I was proud of that.  Then the phone rang.

Dude: Need to leave a message, my name is spelt...

Me: I know how to spell your name, I used to babysit your kids a hundred years ago!

Dude:  Hey!  How are you?

Me:  Good, you?

Dude: I'm o.k.  Wait a minute.  I was at a J.V. game Monday night.

Me: (interrupting) Yes, that's my niece.

Dude:  I was wondering if she was connected to you guys.

Me:  Yep, David's oldest.

Dude: You know I'm related to one of the coaches, ( I did know, and had forgotten that.) and I just have to tell you how impressed they all are with her!  She never misses a practice and gives it everything she has.  It's a shame she's injured.

I can't remember my exact words, but I did pass along a big thank you to her coaches for being so encouraging, and told him what a positive experience this has been for her so far.  He agreed that they are a great bunch of guys.

*sigh*  Drivers licence..... this is going way to fast!

Finished up this blog, then caught a glimpse of TAFKAP (Paul) on his Oma's face book page.

It's almost to much for a pms'ing Auntie to stand!  (tearing up) STOP GROWING UP RIGHT NOW!  This also makes me want to give him a big ol smooch........which he loves......really...... 


No comments:

Post a Comment