Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ride 'em Cowgirl

I had the most awesome surprise today!  Hmm.... lets see, I will start the story at the beginning instead of popping back and forth at random. :)

One upon a time I was having a conversation with my friend "Officer Dave" who lives out in Wyoming.  I like to call his town Mayberry, because...... it is.  There are something like nine hundred people who live there, and everything is two hours away, including The Walmart. 

We were talking about some dating issue I was having (shocker) or some such nonsense and he said to me. "Why don't you come out to Wyoming.  There are plenty of rich ranchers, I'm sure you could snag one!"  My response was probably, "No one wants to live in Wyoming."

Talking about cowboys made me think of my bucket list, which actually only has four things on it at this point.  One of these things just happens to be getting a cowboy hat.........off of a real cowboy. (Weird, I know.  The other three things have nothing to do with men.)  Officer Dave said he'd buy me one and send it out, and I said NO that defeats the whole purpose.  It has to come off of the head of a REAL cowboy. 

So over time there has been much bantering back and forth about cowboy hats.  White?  Black?  Just what exactly would you be willing to do to get this cowboy hat?  ( no probably not........probably......)  We'll never know the answer to that one though, because today a package arrived in the mail!

A box?  I didn't order anything........

A box from Officer Dave?  Oh, how sweet.  Must be an early bday gift.  I was totally clueless, and taken by surprise.  Not one, but TWO REAL COWBOY HATS!   One black, one kind of off white, both very used and muddy which proves they are real.  I laughed and laughed and laughed, and then took pictures. 

I would really like to know one thing.  What did he have to do to get them??????????  LOL

He's older, so his birthday is first this week.  I can't top the cowboy hats, so I will just take this opportunity to wish one of my very best friends the best birthday and year of his life!!  May everything you wish and hope for come true my friend, you are the BEST! 

No comments:

Post a Comment