Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30 Days

It has become a tradition on Facebook to post something you are thankful for each day in November.  I find this little cartoon funny, although I am a huge proponent of  "Thirty Days of Thankful".
A few years ago my life was in a serious downward spiral.  Between Oct 1 and Dec 1 I had lost both pets, and my relationship, which caused me to temporarily lose one more pet. I was also being downsized out of a job with a company I had worked for for twenty years.  Luckily I already lined up a new one, but I was giving up everything benefit wise.  I was not a happy camper. The entire year that followed was not really a great time for me, at least as far as my attitude went.

Then in 2011 I saw some friends of mine on facebook doing thirty days of thankful.  I was skeptical, and that little sarcastic voice in my head was having a field day, kind of on the order of the above cartoon.  However, participating in that exercise, really embracing it, eventually turned my thought process around, which in turn changed my entire life.
http://queenie930.blogspot.com/2011/11/thirty-days-of-thankful.html

I find that I am thankful, or at least trying to find something positive, even on my worst days.  As my Mama used to say. "Joanmarie, life is what you make it." 

The following year I wrote this blog about it.:
http://queenie930.blogspot.com/2012/11/thirty-days-of-thankful.html

This year I am SO busy with the move that thirty days of thankful is the thing that is grounding me.  What am I thankful for today?  Yes, I have 123 things to do after I work a ten hour shift, but what am I thankful for?  It's helping me to find the joy, instead of just seeing all the work that has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment