Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, November 29, 2013

Health Care (Part Two)

Shortly after HealthCare.gov became available I thought I would give it a go, but there was just no signing on, period.  I kind of expected that, as I don't live under a rock.  I watch the news, I have seen the issues, but you can't write a blog if you don't have material. :)

A few weeks later I thought I would try again, and was able to set up an account right away, but then when they sent the confirmation email for me to click on, it had expired, after literally three minutes.  Seriously? Ugh. I set it on the back burner again, waiting for them to get their act together.

So I watched, and I waited until last week, hoping that things would be a little more smoothed out.  The website glitched a few times, but after about forty-five minutes total I was able to set up an account, get my tax credit information, and find a plan that would work for me.

In short, Obama Care, for me, did exactly what it was meant to do.  I was able to find a decent plan within my means, and after three years without, I will have coverage again in January.  How that all will come out in the wash remains to be seen, but so far so good.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment