Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, December 6, 2013

White Christmas

Good grief, it's back!  I have to stop and thank the God's of Snow for at least waiting until after we had everything moved to dump three feet of snow on us.  Yes, three feet, or near about. 

Last week we had the first snow event.  It was just a few inches, but really slippery.  That was not a fun drive home.  This week the snow started on Monday morning, and then just continued on until Wednesday night.  The drive home was actually much better on Monday, as the city/county had time to get on it before I had to head home.  Tuesday was my day off this week, so I didn't have to bother with it.  Jake and I shoveled and played in the snow in the morning, and it was glorious!  The woods were so beautiful and everything was clean, crisp, and quiet.  Then the wind picked up later in the day so I cleaned, and even baked some cookies.

In the later evening, after The Brown Eyed Man finished plowing, I cleared off the car and moved it to where he wanted us parked for the night.  It was warm, and actually raining at that point, so we had a nice little ice accumulation in the morning.  No drive to town for me.  The forecast said another foot of snow was due to arrive in the afternoon, schools and everything else were cancelled, so I just stayed put. 

Day two at home was not nearly as fun.  All I really had to occupy my time was cleaning, and moving things, which I did, but it got tedious fast.  Periodically I would shovel and play with Jake.  The Brown Eyed Man plowed some more, and more, and more.  The plow truck overheated a few times, which he will have to figure out before we get dumped on again! 

This weekend I will get out the old cross country skis and work on some sort of a trail around the property.  I'm also coming into town and making turkey soup with my sister.  That's going to taste so good with the below zero temps (thirty below wind chill tonight) we are in the middle of!  The Brown Eyed Man is planning a long winters nap, and I don't blame him!

It's to cold for Jake to be outside today, so I hope he and Milkie are behaving themselves!  I'm glad I'm not going to be the first one home tonight.......  Maybe all will be peaceful, they are getting along fairly well..... They do a lot of play fighting, where she bats at him and he nudges her.  If she's anywhere in the house doing anything at all he has to be there, so she does get fed up sometimes.  It's a good thing he has such a kind heart. When the kitteh gets pissed he just shrugs it off.  Although I angered her the other day by kicking her out of the walk in closet.  She hissed and batted at Jake, who of course was right there, and then she turned on me.  I yelled RUN JAKE, and we got the hell outta there!

So again, thank you Gods of Snow for holding off until the move was accomplished.  We now have enough snow to play in, and it will be a white Christmas, so you can go dump on someone else for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment