Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolute

I have been thinking about a New Years blog all day, but I can't seem to get it together.  Sometimes it's just best to sit and write, so here we are.  The new years eve meal has been eaten (stuffed pork chops) and The Man is snoring on the couch.  I will be nice and leave him be for a bit, we're going to have some drinks, and popcorn and a movie later. 

Neither of us is into the bar scene (happy hour with the girls is so NOT the bar scene) so we have never gone out on New Years Eve.   Wait! I'm realizing we did go out to Applebee's once, must have been our very first year together.  I got a gift card for Christmas, so we used it.  The other years we just have a good meal and watch a movie. 

When I was twenty-one I actually went to a bar (Birds) with a friend (boy, but not dating) on NYE.  That's the only time I can recall.  I had more fun on the holiday eve when I was a kid waiting for the ball to drop, or some of the things that happened on NYE in my teen years.  I am not ready to disclose those things, but one of them would be the reason you will never see me drink blackberry brandy.  Ever.

Tonight's the night for making resolutions.  Well, I'm fresh out.  Oh, I have things to work on, we all do, but I am not going to list them.  Who really follows through on those things past the second week of January anyway??

Tonight my head is filled with wonderful memories of NYE past, and of the people who are no longer here to share it with me.  Some have passed on, some are no longer in the area, and others aren't in my life anymore.  I am thankful for it all.  Except for the pink sweatshirt.  David, you owe me a sweatshirt!  Or just sit there while I coat you with orange silly string.  That seems fair.

I believe this is also blog #400.  Yeah, I can't believe it either!  I never could have imagined writing so much for so long.  Now, if I could only turn it into some cashola so I could work from home and not have to do the death drive in the dark every winter night!  Now there's a resolution!!

May you have a safe, happy, healthy 2014 filled with wonderful memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment