Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, December 27, 2013

Bullseye

Or should I say Target.......

Yes, I was one of the unfortunates who shopped at Target during the credit card breach.  *sigh*  Not only did I shop, but I used my debit card, not a credit card.  "Oh, just cancel it."  Really?  It's Christmas, it's payday, and there are bills I need to pay with it!  So I took the chance nothing would happen, and nothing did.  The last item cleared my account this morning, and now I have canceled the card.  Well, sort of.  There isn't any activity allowed on it, but I have to actually show my mug at the C.U. to cancel it. (convenient)

So Monday I will try and take a break from work to handle that, and then it will be about ten days before my new card arrives, give or take with the New Year, of course.  How irritating, but worth it to be sure that my info can't be used.  Not that they would ever get very far, but it sure would cause a headache. 

I used to be more of a "cash" person, and would just write checks for bills, until the debit card came along.  Now I rarely have cash, and many places wont even take a check these days.  Hopefully I will remember to get some cash back......no, I'm writing a check...... hmmmm....... how does that work again?  I will have to ask if I can write a check for $15 over the amount at the grocery store tonight, because I'm meeting Sandy Hughitt for lunch tomorrow, and if we go to Shorty's they wont take a check.

A great big thanks to whoever perpetrated this lil shindig.  Karma is a bitch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment