Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sneak A Peek

I researched the blogs I have written in the past about Christmas, just to make sure, but I was right, I haven't told you this one!  It isn't one of my finer qualities, and I would love to tell you that I have stopped doing it, but I wont lie. :)

Disclaimer: I'm not a snoop in general, I respect personal privacy, and I leave other people's things alone.  However, if I know there is a present for me just hanging out in the house, I am going to snoop it out.  I can't help it.  I think it's genetic.....

Once upon a time, oh we'll call it 1980, I found every one's Christmas gifts.  Not only did I find them, I showed my siblings, and Vicki, and we played with what we could.  I got a perfume set, and even tried most of them out.  My Mom had them in big garbage bags in the attic closet.  Now, I'm pretty sure I had to go in there for something else and stumbled onto the gifts, but around Christmas my nose just can't stay out of things.  It doesn't ruin it for me either.  I don't like surprises, and if I asked for something specific I WANT it, so it makes me all the more happy to know it's on it's way!

Last Christmas I wrote a letter to Santa, and I asked for several things, including a bird feeder and seed.

I got several things, and a billfold.  Eh?

I was staring at the billfold and this is how it went.

Browned Eyed Man: Don't you like it?  A billfold was an odd thing to ask for, I didn't really know what to get.

Me: Um.... I didn't ask for a billfold.

B.E.M.: Sure you did, it was on the list!

Me: Bird feeder.  What did you think "seed" meant?

B.E.M.: I thought it was a cute way to ask for cash in the billfold. (seed money)

I don't really know if I said anything else.  The only thing I really wanted was a bird feeder........ 

This year I made sure we went over the list!  Last night he came into the house hiding something behind his back.  I promised not to peek.  Later in the evening while I was relaxing in the tub I glanced to my right, and noticed the bag he had been hiding was sitting on top of the very tall cabinet in the master bath.  My first thought was, "well played."  My next one was, " I can reach that on a chair......"  Aaaaacckkk!  I'm trying to be good, but all I can think about is that damn bag. 

It had better not be another bill fold. ;)  ♫ Hurry Christmas, hurry fast!♫

No comments:

Post a Comment