Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Voice

This is the first year that I have actually tuned in and watched (so far) the entire season of "The Voice".  It's a pretty good program, and there isn't anything else on Monday night T.V. that floats my boat.  Sandy Hughitt and I will text our opinions back and forth, and The Brown Eyed Man has actually sat with me and watched the entire show the last two Monday's.  On Tuesday nights we just tune in to see who's eliminated. For the record, I did offer to go in the other room and watch it.  I don't force my T.V. tastes on the man of the house, and don't mind setting up base camp in the bedroom.  I usually have a lot going on in the evenings, so I have the television on, but wander. (read as A.D.D.)

I have watched American Idol during past seasons, but only caught one episode this last go 'round.  I could not believe the outfit that Mariah Carrey was wearing that evening, the entire mid-front was gone.  Now we all know exactly what her boobs look like.  After last night on "The Voice" we all know what Christina Aguillera's look like too. 

Now I am no prude, quite the opposite in fact, BUT:

1. These shows are promoted as "family" programing.
2. What the hell kind of message are you sending to the target age group of young women who watch these things?! (which is what really burns my toast)
3. Why aren't the male judges sitting there half dressed? 

Christina and Mariah are both beautiful, talented, empowered women, who are equally as smart.  Why, why, why (?!) would they agree to do this?  Ladies, you are sending the wrong message to teen aged girls everywhere. Why would you encourage the belief that being amazingly talented and smart isn't enough?

After I caught a glimpse at Christina's get up last night I ranted for a bit, and then said "Who do I write to?" Then I realized.  "Wait, I have a blog!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment