Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Headless

Well, it has been a month since my status reverted to single. I would like to tell you that I am doing much better. It would be nice to say that the constant ache in my soul has eased some. I would love to say that I've realized he wasn't the one for me, and I'm starting to heal and move forward. All of those things sound wonderful, but they are definitely not true. I also seem to have another problem. Have any of you seen my head???

I have an odd obsession with Henry VIII. I read everything I can get my hands on pertaining to him, and/or his poor wives. I love historical fiction, and I am in heaven with that time period. I often wonder why that is? I'm currently reading "The Autobiography of Henry VIII with notes by his fool Will Somers" by Margaret George. It is a 1000 page book with the tiniest print ever! I drag it to work every day and read while the kids are sleeping, I read it at home also. I've even dragged it into the bubble bath with me and managed not to drop the thing. It seems as if it will never end! When I started it I thought that if I didn't like it within the first few pages I wouldn't bother. I know the story anyway. Of course, I loved it, and I'll look for this author again once I've finished it. Heaven knows I can never have enough books. *looking over at the book basket with at least 20 waiting to be read*

Which Queen do I relate to? Well up until now I would have said the last one, Catherine Parr. She used her wits, survived his madness, and outlived Henry. That is pretty much my deal. I'm a survivor. However last night while talking about blogs and books with Patty, who is my sister in law Jenny's Mom, better known as Oma (Grandma) to the artist formerly known as Pablo, I realized that I might as well be Anne Boleyn. We were talking about life, and I suddenly said "The way it went, my head might as well have been chopped right off."

Was Anne a witch? Was she an adulteress? Perhaps she was totally innocent, a mere pawn in a political game. I used to sit on one side of the fence, but now I'm leaning toward the other. Well, most of me is leaning. My head, of course, is rolling down the hill. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment