Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Kidnapped

I wasn't even going to go out tonight, but was easily persuaded to go to qwazadilla dinner at Lisa's house.  Kerri makes a mean margarita, and Lisa does a nice job with the Quesedillas.  Yes Nikki.  It's Quesedilla. :)  I'm going to tell that story one of these days!

After dinner it got down right boring, so we headed uptown.  I dropped my car at home and jumped into the back of Kerri's.  Off to V.I.P. we go.  There was a band playing........ Hell Puppies.  Oldies music, not bad if you're into that.  Kind of loud so you had to do the scream to talk thing.  Mid life man standing too close to me for comfort at the bar, but nothing happened to report. (thank God)  Christina showed up, so we visited for a bit.  Barry was late for work, so we missed him.  We wait for NO man.  Early night tonight, we're meeting back up in the morning for "Women Rock" up at Spirit Mountain.  Then V.I.P. has something going on around lunch time so we'll stop back in there.

After we left V.I.P. Kerri put an Air Supply cd on.  *sigh*  How many nights I bawled my teen aged eyes out to that stuff.  How many "drape and sway" dances did I snuggle in to whomever (actually it makes me think of Tony.....seventh grade....five million years ago)  while that music was playing.  "Turn it off!"  I yelled.  "Why are you singing if you hate it so much?" came the reply from the front.  "I hate you."

So instead of dropping me at home Kerri just drove by the apartment and around the "hood" with the windows down, blasting Air Supply, singing at the top of our lungs.  Thank God Kerri had to pee, or I'd still be driving around Superior singing "Sweet Dreams"!  As it was the concert continued after I got out of the car.  I stood on my steps, swaying and waving my middle finger in the air at Kerri and Lisa, as if it were in fact a lighter.........

No comments:

Post a Comment