Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Quotes

My Sister in law, Elise, asked me yesterday to send her my four favorite quotes.  As Christmas is just around the corner, I resist the urge to ask why.  So I took out the green notebook where I keep them, because although I know what they are I wanted to make sure I got them right.  I have had this notebook for years, probably close to twenty years now that I think of it.  It is filled with bits of wisdom that I come across from time to time.  Every now and then I will just sit and re-read them.

I thought I would share my four favorite with you. 


I'm not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my own ship.
~Louisa May Alcott

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all.
~Emily Dickenson

When you get in a tight place, and everything goes against you, til it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then- for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
~Harriet Beecher Stowe

Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
~Hellen Keller

There are many others that I like, but these are, and always have been my top four.  I'm sure that they are by women is no coincidence, although many of my favorites are also by men.  I am inspired in some way by each of these women.  So today I'll ask a question.  What is your favorite quote? 

No comments:

Post a Comment