Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful

One of my facebook friends is posting something she is thankful for during every day of November, so I thought I would jump on that bandwagon.  A few of my friends have started doing it too, and it will be interesting to see what we all come up with.

I'm going to try really hard not to make any sarcastic thankful picks.  I will turn it into a positive statement if it kills me, and let me tell you, it might.

I really need to change my attitude, and hopefully this will help.  So here are the things I picked so far.

Day One:  I'm thankful that Sam's ashes are home, and for the part of her life that I was able to share.

Day Two: I'm thankful for good neighbors.   Yes, coming from me that might seem odd.  It isn't a sarcastic comment.  I do have a great neighbor, and have had some good ones too.  I have had enough bad ones to appreciate them when they aren't.  When I got home today there was a card in my mailbox, just addressed to "Jo" so I knew someone had put it there.  My first thought? "What fresh hell is this?"  What I found was a card from my neighbor and her kids.  Just a little note to say they are thinking of me, and that they are sorry for my loss, and will always remember "fluffy" Sam.  Very sweet, and very unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment