Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Crazy Pants (Ninja Kitty Part Four)

I guess that I have been remiss in my neighbor stories, so now we have to backtrack a bit.  My directly above me upstairs neighbor is a single gal in her late twenties.  She moved in last October, and was the perfect neighbor for about six months.  When the other upstairs neighbor was evicted (unfairly........ Remember the hole in the floor story?) the apartment remained unoccupied for about two months while they did some renovations.  I guess for whatever reason the young lady thought that since no one was next door no one could hear her, and she began screaming at her boyfriend at the top of her lungs for HOURS on end.  This always began at or around bar close time on Friday and Sat nights and would continue the following day.  It also occurred in the bedroom, which is right on top of mine.  The first time it happened I thought someone was hurting her and was half way out the door before I could think clearly ( I was sound asleep.) and realized it was her that someone needed saving from.  I started referring to her as "Crazy Pants". 

This got old pretty fast.  The deaf lady in apartment one even complained to the building Handyman about it.  DEAF lady.  I thought about approaching Crazy Pants and having a discussion along the lines of "do you know that we can hear you?"  Frankly I didn't want to, cause well, she appears to be  unstable with a capital U.  Remember, I can hear the things she's screaming....... One Sunday I listened to it from two a.m. on and finally at eleven a.m. I had enough.  I was listening to the radio out here and she brought her screaming fit out this way.  Kelly Clarkson's song "Stronger" came on, and I had an idea.  I cranked that mother as loud as it would go, and sang along at the top of my lungs for good measure.  When my little concert ended, strangely enough so did the screaming, and it has not happened again.  Not once.

So, now that you know who Crazy Pants is........   Let's see.......  Last week I had a pipe rust through in the bathroom under the sink.  It was the outgoing water, so not a huge disaster, plus some very expensive feminine products soaked up a good bit of it. *eye roll*  I had to call Landlord, and he sent over Handyman to fix it.  When Handyman was finished I showed him the living room screens that Ninja Kitty was trying to make mincemeat out of.  He said, "When I was cutting the grass I saw the chicken wire sticking out and wondered why you would do that, but I was sure you had a reason.  Pretty smart!"

I also mentioned that Milkie is constantly trying to get into Crazy Pants apartment.  Sometimes they leave the door ajar and I have to drag Milk out of their entryway.  I wondered to Handyman if perhaps my nemesis was not, in fact, her cat.  He asked for a description of the cat because he would be doing some work up there in the near future and would check it out.

Most days, when I am parked in the garage, after I unlock the door I look back at the house and see Milkie staring at me from her window and a fat orange cat staring at me from the one directly above.  Today I did not.  Today it was NINJA KITTY staring back at me from that window.  I'm pretty sure the "F" word made an appearance in some way, shape, or form.  Then I said "Touche' Ninja Kitty" and grabbed my phone.

I ended up leaving Landlord a message.  It started out with "This is a silly phone call" and ended with "don't want to be responsible for damage MY pet is not causing." 

I actually had to get up in the middle of writing this and shut the front windows because that little shit is out there.  I'm sure it's her because of Milkie's reaction.  There are a couple of other cats who pass by and she does notice them, but no one gets her (our) blood boiling like that damn Ninja Kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment