Life Lessons

IF YOU GET A CHANCE, TAKE IT! IF IT CHANGES YOUR LIFE, LET IT!

Monday, July 2, 2012

C-monster

It's hard to believe that the youngest Goovers are seven today, and one month shy of seven today!  Where does the time go?

Happy Birthday Cierra (c-monster, c-biscuit, etc) !!  (old pic, from a Packer game this winter)

Every year I write about how special she is, the life lessons she teaches, and the great strides she makes.  I don't really have anything new or insightful to share about this amazing girl.  This year she has finally broken through the silence, communicating more and more (even if it's not always words) and she can follow simple directions.  Last Saturday I was able to ask her to grab me my sandals, which I had left by the front door at least an hour before, and she was able to figure out what I wanted, where they were, and brought them to me.  Not amazing for a seven year old, but for C-butt it's a goal achieved!  Ask the same question a year ago and you would get a blank stare.  Now she stops and thinks and starts to look around the room.  I said, "They're over by the door."  She stopped, thought, went over to the door, grabbed them and brought them to me.

Ce-Ce is having a bowling party later in the month, so I'll just stop by on my way home this evening to share a birthday cupcake and read her a bedtime story.  She's a busy summer school girl right now, so it's hard to even make it to bedtime, but Auntie works til six. 

Apparently we can finally sing the birthday song to her without an eruption of tears!  I can't wait!!  ♥ Love you baby girl!  Ugh, they aren't babies anymore......

No comments:

Post a Comment